Monday, November 9, 2015

Walking Peacefully

A Moment of Reflection

From "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. This devotional is written as if Jesus himself is speaking directly to the reader.  Scriptures to refer to Exodus 33:14; Deut 33:25; Hebrews 13: 20-21; Psalm 29:11.

Walk peacefully with me through this day. You are wondering how you will cope with all that is expected of you. You must traverse this day like any other: one step at a time. Instead of mentally rehearsing how you will do this or that, keep your mind on My Presence and on taking the next step.  The more demanding your day, the more help you can expect from Me.  This is a training opportunity, since I designed you to deep dependence on your Shepherd-King. Challenging times wake you up and amplify your awareness of needing My help.

When you don't know what to do, wait while I open the way before you.  Trust that I know what I'm doing, and be ready to follow my lead.  I will give strength to you, and I will bless you with Peace.

Resource Center - Writing Memoirs

You'll have to let me know if this suggestion this week is all that helpful!  So far, over the weeks, we've been focused on writing and different genres.  We've looked at narrative, expository, persuasive, and creative writing. We also took a look at writing rubrics and the need to help kids evaluate their own writing.

This week, I'm going to make a suggestion that has the potential to tap into multiples subjects.  Memoir Writing can not only be an opportunity for your child to experiment with different writing styles, but could incorporate an art, music, health and career, math and others.

Here is just one site that talks about how you bring memoir writing to life: http://www.creative-writing-ideas-and-activities.com/how-to-write-a-memoir.html

Experiment with your children and have fun reliving some of the important memories of their lives!

Around HCOS

Portfolio Visits - If we haven't set up an appointment yet to meet about portfolios, please contact me so that we can get something on the calendar.

If you plan to e-copy me samples, please also let me know that is your plan.  Thanks!

HCOS Subscriptions
Our Little Earth  is no longer providing a Questions & Answers page for their issues, and HCOS has not been receiving notifications when their issues are released bi-weekly.  You can sign up for free at their homepage:  http://www.ourlittleearth.com/

Learning Commons

Here is our latest learning commons news!

No comments:

Post a Comment